Ready to work with us?
BCL of Texas has programs available for Texas communities, nonprofits, and local developers who are looking to expand and develop their communities. See our options below.
In partnership with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, eligible communities and nonprofits are now able to take advantage of $5 million in new funds that have been allocated for buildings, equipment, or community facilities.
How does it work?
Borrowers can use funds for public facilities, including:
- Historic building renovations
- Health care facilities such as hospitals, medical clinics, dental clinics, or nursing homes
- Public safety services such as fire trucks and public works vehicles or equipment
- Educational services such as museums, public schools, or child care facilities
- Local food systems such as community gardens, food pantries, and food banks
Qualified borrowers include:
- Public bodies
- Community-based non-profit corporations
- Federally recognized tribes
Projects in areas with a population of less than 20,000 in priority counties are given highest consideration. Other requirements may apply.
Loans amounts from $500,000 to $1.5 million. See our loan terms and conditions sheet to learn more.
At BCL of Texas, we believe in Building Strong Communities, starting with capacity-building funding for developers who want to bring community-driven housing and real estate developments projects to Texas neighborhoods.
Our Pre-Development Lending program provides funding for affordable housing developments and commercial real estate. Qualifying housing projects must be affordable for buyers up to 120% AMI and renters up to 80% AMI. Commercial real estate projects must be located in federally designated low-income, underserved, or distressed Census tracts. Qualified borrowers include nonprofit organizations, for-profit businesses with 3+ years in real estate development, and single asset entities with nonprofit sponsors or partners. Priority will be given for minority-owned development companies.
Loan amounts range from $50,000 to $500,000, and qualifying expenses include:
- Land acquisition
- Market analysis & appraisals
- Environmental assessments
- Architectural & engineering plan
- Site plans and surveys
- Site development
Suite 500 Austin, TX 78701 P: 512.912.9884 F: 346.301.5752 NMLS #1114924
Suite 1220 Dallas, TX 75208 P: 214.688.7456 F: 346.301.5752 NMLS #1114924
Suite 2 San Marcos, TX 78666 P: 512.383.0027 NMLS #1114924